On Sunday evening, I received a nomination from Alex for the Liebster Award. A huge blushing load of gratefulness to her, I was honestly quite shocked. I felt extremely flattered…and then proceeded to do nothing about it for four days. – It’s not my fault. Really, I promise. I’m actually in Ticino right now with a friend and we only have wifi when we leech off of cafés and restaurants (some of which don’t take kindly to this behavior).
So, here’s the deal with the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the wonderful person who nominated you. (check ˆˆ)
2. Display the logo for the award.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Answer the questions that the person who nominated you has set.
And as the incurable chaot that I am, I’m going to blatantly skip on to point 4.
Do you prefer to dance in the rain or sleep underneath the stars?
Rain. Not even a question. Because not only do stars require it to be night, making me vulnerable to death by wild animal (say hello to my genuine fear of the dark), but why would you ever not dance in the rain?!
What movie do you think is worth watching?
*has seizure trying to decide on a single movie*
I’ll go with the one I just saw in the theater: Jurassic World.
What book do you think is worth reading?
Does the complete Harry Potter series count as one book? ˆˆ
Otherwise probably The Book Thief or I Am The Messenger. Both by Markus Zusak. Both read and re-read over and over.
If given a choice, which mythical creature would you want to be and why?
Hehehehe a greek goddess – probably Athena or Aphrodite. Because power. :D
But who knows whether I am or not?
What is your favorite dessert?
You meant desserts*.
Who inspires you the most?
Well, this is going to be awkward: As much as I love and admire my mother, I have to say “me”. I have my own dreams and ambitions; why should I try replicating someone else’s life?
Off the top of my head of course, I suppose I have some common goals with Louise (Sprinkleofglitter), because she’s gone to University, she’s stylish as *, confident, and she’s written a best-selling book by age thirty.
Oh and actually, my all-time favorite blogger is definitely Allie, from “Hyperbole and a Half”. I just bought her book and I’m totally in love. Not sure why she doesn’t post any more, it’s quite disappointing.
When was the last time you ate food and were so full but you just kept eating anyway?
…moving on…Where do you want to live?
Hahahahaha get ready for boring: Switzerland, which is where I am now. It’s beautiful and the educational system and economy are both amazing. Why would I leave?
However, I definitely want to live in both London and Paris for a while.
What was the funniest nick-name ever given to you?
I know, I know. My brother thinks it sounds like a gangster rip-off.
He’s gone through with it for two years now. And gotten my eight-year-old cousin and my uncle to join in.
Bravo. So much lol.
I guess it could be worse…?
Which movie made you cry the hardest?
You may want to sit down for this one, because I don’t believe in limitations when it comes to serious business.
The Book Thief
The Fault In Our Stars
Band of Brothers (I know it’s a series, but I’m talking about the last episode in particular – in fact, I’m reading the book now)
P.S. I Love You (I cried through the entire movie. Like, mascara all over pillow, and my mom had to come ask if I was okay.)
Into The Woods
La Vita E Bella (this one we watched at school. I looked like crap the rest of the day)
Quite honestly, that’s just the beginning of the list, because as you may have realized, yes, I am a crier. I can’t help it. I’m not even sorry.
Well, on that cheerful note:
Here are my nominees!!!!
And here are the ten questions. Ready to bare your soul?
1. Skiing or swimming, and why?
2. Which superhero would you like to be, and why? (if you choose Spiderman, then high-five)
3. Which book speaks to you, personally, the most? (I swear if you say Twilight, I un-nominate you)
4. If you could go into the past and do one thing – and only one thing – what would it be?
5. A propos: Would you rather time-travel to the past, or to the future?
6. If you were offered a fully sponsored trip to the moon, would you dare to take it? (I personally feel that plummeting to my doom from the top of the atmosphere might be a little nerve-wracking)
7. Would you rather be the only immortal being ever, or the only mortal being?
8. Fashion or comfort?
9. How do you think you are going to die? How would you like to die? (not trying to be dismal)
10. What would you name newborn twins (a girl and a boy) if you had them tomorrow?
And please tag me so I don’t miss your posts :)